The San Diego radio industry is celebrating excellence in the medium with the announcement of winners of the 2012 EAR (Effective Advertising on Radio) Awards. Nine local businesses along with their advertising agencies are recipients of this year's awards - an honor bestowed on businesses that have effectively used the radio medium to convey their advertising message to listeners. The announcement comes from San Diego Radio Broadcasters Association's Executive Director, Sharon Massey. "We were very impressed this year with the success stories related to the dozens of radio ads that were submitted for consideration," says Massey. "Listeners are emotionally engaged with their favorite radio stations which creates a great environment for advertising. The nine winners we chose understood how to use the radio platform to make a connection with listeners and win new customers. The recipients - including three Spanish language ads - represent advertisers across multiple categories including automotive, medical, entertainment and general retail for which radio continues to produce a concrete ROI."
The 2012 winners include:
• The PermaDontics Center / The Dark Horse Group
• popchips / XHTZ, producer
• KGTV 10News / KGTV Promotion Dept., producer
• GTM General Stores / Suncoast Marketing
• Toyota of Escondido/ Larson Advertising
• AIS Insurance / Hermosa Media
The Spanish language winners are:
• ASI Suena Productions / Uniradio Corp, Elvis Valle, producer
• Haunted Hotel / RSP Radio
• Northgate Gonzalez Market / Univision Radio, Hector Sandoval & Jose Serato, producers
Each winning entry was evaluated primarily on its effectiveness or measurable results, and secondarily on the creative, writing and production values.
"While each advertiser used a totally different approach to the use of the medium, the winning entries had one thing in common," says Massey. "They delivered a message to listeners that brought measurable results to advertisers."